When it comes to promoting your business on Instagram, one of the most important things to keep in mind is Instagram SEO. Just like with any other platform, nailing the basics of SEO will help you to ensure that your content is being seen by the right people, at the right time.
What is Instagram SEO?
Instagram SEO is the process of optimizing your posts and profile for the algorithms that power the Instagram Explore page and other areas of the platform. Just like with any other form of SEO, the goal of Instagram SEO is to improve your visibility and organic reach. There are a number of factors that the Instagram algorithms take into account when determining what content to surface in the Explore page and other areas of the app. Using the right Instagram SEO techniques you can help land all your content on the explore page and improve visibility.
How to do Instagram SEO?
- Use keywords and hashtags in captions: Use keywords and hashtags in your captions When you’re writing a caption for your photo or video, be sure to include relevant keywords and hashtags. This will help people find your content when they’re searching for something specific. There are millions of hashtags on Instagram, so it’s important to use ones that are relevant to your content. If you’re not sure which hashtags to use, you can search for ones that are popular in your niche using the Insta zoom hashtag tool. It will ask you for your niche and thousands of hashtags will be displayed in front of you to select from. Our advice is to choose hashtags that have less competition.
- Make it a must to add alt text to your posts: Alt text is a short description of an image that is displayed in place of the image if it can’t be displayed for some reason. At times the picture is not visible to the user, instead of a black screen they would then be able to read your alt text this is best as then they would not skip your content. It also makes it easier for people to understand what your post was about. To add alt text to a post on Instagram, simply go to the edit page for the post, and look for the “alt text” field under the advanced settings option. Enter a short description of the image, and hit save. That’s all there is to it! So if you’re looking to do some Instagram SEO, be sure to add alt text to all of your posts.
- Optimize your account for searches: When people are searching for businesses on Instagram, they will often use keywords such as the type of business, the location, or the product or service they are looking for. By including these keywords in your username, you are more likely to show up in search results. For example, if you are a sneaker business, you could use a username such as “sneakers world” or “sneakers shop stop”.
- Track your KPI’s: There are a few key metrics that you should be tracking in order to gauge the success of your Instagram SEO efforts. These include: -Number of followers -Number of likes -Number of comments -Number of shares By tracking these metrics, you will be able to see which areas of your Instagram SEO strategy are working and which areas need improvement. If you have a business account on Instagram, you have access to valuable insights about your posts and followers. To find your Instagram Insights, simply click on the three lines in the top-right corner of your profile and select “Insights.” From here check which kind of content works for you, how much have you progressed etc.
- Do not practice any black hat SEO technique: When it comes to Instagram, there are right ways to go about increasing your followers and growing your account – and then there are wrong ways. The wrong ways are what we call “black hat” techniques, and they can get your account banned. Firstly avoid buying followers, this is a big no-no. Don’t do it. Not only is it against Instagram’s terms of service, but it also won’t do you any good in the long run. These fake followers won’t engage with your content, which means your account won’t get seen by real people. Secondly, Instagram is constantly banning hash tags that are being abused. If you use one of these banned hashtags there are chances of you getting banned or your content getting deleted which can hamper your growth. Hence always try using the right means and measures to grow on Instagram to have a faithful following and avoid getting banned.
Read also : Animixplay